Veterinary Jobs in Philadelphia, PA
Join our veterinary team! The team at Love City Vet is committed to providing the best possible experience for it’s team members.
Join Our Veterinary Team at Love City Vet
We are looking for fabulous individuals to join our team. Check out the positions we’re currently hiring for below.
Who we are: Love City Vet is a local, independent, woman-owned new general practice in South Philadelphia. We know veterinary team members are notoriously overworked, underpaid, and undervalued. This is what we seek to change at Love City Vet. We are dedicated to our team members and their health and well-being. We aim to create an environment where employees feel valued, supported, and challenged. We are not open on weekends so employees can enjoy their lives and hobbies outside work. We joke together, learn together and lean on each other. Our staff enjoys our new modern interior design, state-of-the-art equipment, employee break room, bathroom and shower, and ample free parking. Our team is involved in decisions that directly impact Love City Vet as a clinic and brand in the future. At Love City Vet, we’ll work together to deliver the best veterinary experience for our team, pets, and the community.
Looking to feel valued, empowered, and help shape the culture of a new practice? Tired of simply restraining animals and filling medications instead of utilizing your technical skills and training? Then our veterinary technician role may be perfect for you!
As a veterinary technician, you will work alongside our team to deliver modern and top-of-class veterinary care to pets in the community. We are passionate about transparency and seek to find team members comfortable performing most diagnostics and treatments in the presence of owners. You will have your own technician appointments where you will be solely in charge of performing specific procedures and communicating with pet owners.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Prepping, inducing, monitoring, and recovering patients under anesthesia
- Performing in-house laboratory testing
- Assisting veterinarian during exams and procedures
- Discussing estimates and payment options with owners
- Conducting technician appointments
- Discharging patients after surgical procedures and hospitalization
- Educating clients on different aspects of veterinary medicine, such as training, prevention, and nutrition
- Answering client’s medical questions over the phone
- Assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of the hospital
Who we are looking for:
- Full-time employee
- Veterinary certification preferred (i.e., CVT, LVT, RVT)
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Ideal applicants have experience in the veterinary field as a veterinary technician with experience in anesthesia, surgery, and dentistry. Applicants should be flexible, given that we are a new clinic, and there will be many changes along the way as we grow. The veterinary technician should have strong leadership skills, a superb work ethic, excellent communication skills, a team-oriented personality, and empathy toward pet owners and their concerns.
- No weekend hours
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Free gym membership
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Employee pet discount
- Uniform allowance
- Free on-site parking